Frederick Beuchner, a brilliant author (and Presbyterian pastor) states:
The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.
7 QUESTIONS FOR INSIGHT AND BREATHLESSNESS
- How aligned are those two key elements in your ministry…in your life?
- If there is any uncertainty in their alignment, what is the source or cause of their linkage?
- How important is it to you to experience “deep gladness”?
- Are you motivated to meet “the world’s deep hunger” with your life’s calling?
- Assuming for a moment that your calling (work, ministry, job) isn’t pulsing with “deep gladness,” how impactfully can you meet the world’s “deep hunger?”
- Gently now…if you’re not now, this very day, vitally engaged in sharing that from which your “deep gladness” bubbles, for what do you delay changing your situation?
- What steps can you take, now, today, that will realign your deep gladness with what the world so desperately needs from you?
Engage here. What is your place of “deep gladness?” How does it meet “the world’s deep hunger?” Who do you know that needs to consider these questions right now?